Scope: Approximately 3,300 electric skateboards
Affected Models: 2nd Gen Dual+ Electric Skateboards
Reason For Recall:
There have been 2 reported incidents of battery pack electronics short circuiting after water had penetrated the battery enclosure. This has resulted in visible smoke coming from the battery components, however Boosted claims that neither case resulted in the product catching fire.
- Stop using the product IMMEDIATELY.
- Remove the battery pack from your board. (instructions here)
- Locate the model # on the bottom of your hoverboard.
- Write-down your battery pack and board serial numbers.
- Take your defective battery pack to your nearest electronic recycling company
- Obtain a receipt to prove that you disposed of the battery properly.
- Complete this form to complete the replacement process.
- Once Boosted has verified your request, you will receive an e-mail with your expecting battery replacement shipping information.
- Please contact BoostedBoards.com via the link below for more information.
Boosted Contact Information:
Call 844-395-0070 9am-5pm PST Monday-Friday or Visit Boosted online at boostedboards.com.